Located 45 minutes from the Phoenix airport, Lake Pleasant is a great place to have fun with friends. You can grab some lawn chairs and hangout on the shore but I recommend renting a boat for some adventure. With a boat, you can cruise around the lake, visit coves and rent water sports equipment.
Last weekend, I got a few friends together and we rented a 21′ Sports Boat and inner tube from Scorpion Bay Boat Rentals. We brought an ice chest with our favorite drinks & snacks and hit the water. We explored the lake and found the best spot to take turns driving each other around with the inner tube – so much fun! When we weren’t cruising the lake, we were floating, having drinks, jumping in the water and laying out on the boat. Everyone had a great time and I’d highly recommend adding visiting Lake Pleasant with friends to your bucket list!
- The sound on the boat was not great. If you have a good portable speaker, bring it!
- If you have a regular driver’s license, you can drive the boat
- You have to pay an entrance fee to enter the lake
- You can purchase ice at the lake entrance
- You can eat lunch or dinner at Dillion’s BBQ (right next to Scorpion Bay Boat Rentals)